Coconut chutney is a side dish and food item from Southern India, popular in the Indian subcontinent. The coconut chutney is made with other ingredients such as green chillies and coriander with coconut pulp. The dosa, idli and vada are eaten with it.
Lets learn step by step how to make coconut chutney
- 1 cup Coconut Cut in cubes or Grated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Roasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 cup Roasted Chana Dal or Split Chickpea Lentils easily available in market
- 1/2 cup Roasted Peanuts
- 1.5 inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilis
- Small Tamarind
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Slit Urad Dal or Slit Black Gram Lentils
- 2 Red Chilis
- pinch Of Hing or Asafetida
- Add grated Coconut or Coconut Cubes, Roasted Sesame Seeds, Roasted Chana Dal or Split Chickpea Lentils, Roasted Peanuts, Ginger, Green Chilis, Tamarind to a grinder and add little water, make a pate if the paste is thick you can add some more water to adjust the consistency.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Slit Urad Dal or Slit Black Gram Lentils, Red Chilis and hing or asafetida. Fry on a slow flame till cumin seeds and mustard seeds crackle and Slit Urad Dal becomes slightly brown. Spread the tempering over the chutney. Your yummy delicious coconut chutney is ready, Serve it with dosa, idli, upama etc.