Potato Curry for Masala Dosa
Potato masala is a mixture of potatoes that is sometimes served in a dosa, or along with roti or poori. The mixture of dosa and aloo masala, commonly eaten in South India, is referred to as masala dosa. along with coconut chutney as a common accompaniment.
I commonly use this aalu / potato curry for sandwiches and it tastes amazing.
Lets learn step by step process for making Aalu / Potato curry.
Aalu / Potato Curry
- 7 medium Onions
- 250 grams Yellow Peas
- 5 medium Boiled Potatoes
- 1.5 inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilies
- 3 big tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Mustered Seeds
- Salt As per taste
- Wash and soak yellow peas over night. Drain the water and add Yellow Peas fresh water, add 1/8 tbsp of baking soda, and pressure cook it for 1 whistle. Check if peas are soft after the pressure is removed, if you can not press it again for 1 more whistle.
- Slice the onions.
- Chop ginger into small pieces.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan, fry peanuts and keep it aside.
- Add 3 tbsp oil in the same pan add 1 tbsp mustered seeds after it crackles add chopped ginger and green chilies.
- After 2 min add onions to the pan and add turmeric powder.
- Once the onions turns translucent add boiled yellow peas to the pan cook for 4 to 5 min.
- Now add semi mashed boiled potatoes and fried peanuts to the pan and mix well. Add salt and cook for anther 5 min.
- It's ready, your delicious Potato Curry. For Masala Dosa, have it as a filling.