Ragi Flour (Finger Millet) Rava Dosa
We know that Ragi (Finger Millet) has various health benefits, one of which is controlling blood sugar level, Filled with Calcium: Ragi flour is one of the best sources of calcium as compared to any other grains, relaxes the body and helps to lose weight.
Ragi has a good nutritional value, having all the important macronutrients, including vitamins and minerals, carbohydrates, fibers, fats and proteins, along with significant amounts of main micronutrients. Ragi / Finger Millet has marginal amounts of cholesterol and sodium. In addition, ragi contains significant amounts of vitamins C and E that helps to improve the overall health, improves immunity, maintains healthy skin and hair.
Ragi contains Vitamins of the B complex as well as calcium, magnesium, iron and phosphorus, and is considered superfood snack.
One way to have Ragi is by making Ragi Rava Dosa with delicious Besan / Ground gram chickpea flour Chutney.
Lets learn step by step how to make Ragi Rava Dosa.
Ragi (Finger Millet) Rava Dosa
- 2 Cups Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Mida / All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sooji / Semolina
- 1/2 Cup Ragi (finger millet flour)
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- 4 tbsp Curd
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 inch Ginger
- Salt As per taste
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 cup Gram flour or Besan
- Lemon size Tamarind
- 2 Green chilies
- 1 inch Ginger
- Pinch of Hing or Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Mustered Seeds
- In a bowl, add rice flour, mida / all-purpose flour, sooji / semolina, ragi (finger millet meal), melted butter and curd. Mex well.
- Add 2 glasses of water and mix well with out lumps, the batter has to be thin flowing consistency add cumin seeds, salt, chopped ginger, chopped green chilies and keep it aside for 30 min.
- Spread little oil on the iron tawa and pour the batter on an iron tawa. Make sure that the tawa is hot. The batter sizzles and sticks to the tawa. Cook it on the medium flame till the dosa becomes light crispy brown.
- Soak tamarind in water for 10 min.
- Remove the pulp and add tamarind water to basen or gram flour in a bowl
- Chop ginger and green chilies
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan add mustered seeds once it crackles, add chopped ginger, hing or Asafoetida and chopped green chilies.
- Fry for 2 mins and add it to besan and tamarind mixture.
- Mix well and your besan chutney is ready to be served with Ragi Rava Dosa