Aalu Ghobi Masala
Aloo means potato and Gobi means cauliflower (also spelled Gobhi) is a vegetarian dish form Indian subcontinent. Aalu gobhi is cooked with variety of variants(Dry, Gravy, Fry etc.) but in this blog I will talk about gravy recipe that is a perfect combination with rotis, parathas, chapatis, poori and rice.
The gray that is prepared can be used for many other recipes such as Paneer masala, mix veg etc.
Lets begin step by step process of making delicious aalu ghobi masala
Aalu Gobhi Masala
- 4 Big Onions
- 1 Medium Gobhi or Cauliflower cut in chunks
- 6 Big Potatoes
- 1 Red Carrot
- 4 Medium Tomatoes
- 1.5 Inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilies
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 3 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Kitchen King Masala
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt As per taste
- Cut Potatoes in to cubes and add it to water so that they don't turn brown.
- Cut the Tomatoes, add to the grinder and make a fine puree
- Cut the onions, add 3 tbsp oil to a pan, once the oil is slightly hot add onions, ginger, green chilis and garlic cloves to the pan and fry till the onion turns translucent.
- Add fried onions, ginger, garlic cloves and green chilis to a mixer grinder.
- Make a fine paste
- Take Kashmiri Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Kitchen King Masala, Garam Masala, Turmeric Powder in a plate add small amount of water and leave it for 5 min so that when you add the masala to pan it doesn't get bunt.
- Add 3 tbsp oil to the pan once the oil is slightly hot add cumin seeds, onion paste and fry for 5 min,
- Add tomato puree, little salt and cook for another 5 min.
- Now add masala paste to the pan, mix well and cook till the paste releases oil, generally it takes 5 to 10 mins.
- In a pressure pan add oil and fry aalu and gobhi chunks till they are slightly brown.
- Now add Carrots chunks, masala onion paste, salt as per taste and add 2 cups water,
- Pressure it for 1 whistle and your delicious Aalu gobhi masala ia ready. Serve it with poori, roti, chapati or hot rice.